Our web studio offers service of treating websites from viruses and recovery of damaged sites.
If the site is damaged by a virus, it is necessary to find and delete it immediately. There are serious reasons for it:
- The virus is damaging the site;
- Site visitors are in danger of getting virus to PC;
- Damaged site will be banned by search engine systems. They give a few days for virus definition and treatment. During this time the site will be in search results but there will be notice of users‘ damage danger.
It is undesirable to get rid of viruses by yourself because a damaging virus code can be mixed up with "good" code. This way you might irrevocably lose data on the server.
We can treat your site quickly and safely, restore a damaged website.
Site treatment includes:
- Thorough site’s files check;
- Viruses removal;
- Search for the vulnerabilities of the website;
- Vulnerability elimination.
Viruses appear on site due to hacking user accounts who have passwords to server access or through the backdoor in program code. If it necessary to change passwords and limit users’ rights, check all computers used for web-site administration. It's desirable to update server`s software. Content management systems, plug-ins, server`s software undergo danger of infection, for example, operating system, web server, DBMS.
After we remove viruses from your website, we will do its audit and suggest methods to protect your site from such incidents.
Advices for sites protection:
- Use difficult passwords to prevent hacking attacks, don’t save them in text format on computer (this applies for passwords saved in browsers and various password managers). It is important for registered users who have special privileges.
- For site managing and its code editing use computers with antivirus and different software (alternative operating system, browser, ftp-client).
- Regularly update software installed on your computer, server, watch the reports about recource engine vulnerability and its extensions.
- Backup your site and its data on the regular basis.
- Often perform site`s safety audit.
Viruses also can be uploaded to the site pages where other sites information is pulled. It can be social networks extension, different counters, video and audio files, hosted on the outside storages. It is desirable to work with large and reliable datastorages.
How to detect a virus on the site?
- While loading the site, antivirus system tells there is a virus.
- Other users tell you about the virus (You don’t see it)
- Entering the site from the FTP you see that index file has changed its date and size
- Unknown files appeared
- Entering the server you realize that unknown files have frequent requests.
- Foreign code is built in index file and it’s included in tags [iframe][/iframe], often just after [BODY] tag or [HTML] tags.